October is designated as National Principals Month to recognize the essential role that principals play in school achievement and student success.
Principals are expected to be educational visionaries, instructional leaders, assessment experts, disciplinarians, community builders, public relations experts, budget analysts, facility managers, special programs administrators, and guardians of policy mandates and initiatives, as well as being entrusted with the education and development of Bryant students.
Principals set the academic tone for their schools and work collaboratively with teachers to develop and maintain high curriculum standards, develop mission statements, and set performance goals and objectives for schools to achieve educational excellence.
Bryant has twelve exceptional school principals who daily create opportunities for success:
- Mark Scarlett, Bryant Elementary
- Tami Edwards Collegeville Elementary
- Dondre Harris, Davis Elementary
- Karen Metcalf, Hill Farm Elementary
- Tammie Reitenger, Hurricane Creek Elementary
- Michele Lewis, Parkway Elementary
- Donaven Sims, Salem Elementary
- Russ Sherrill, Springhill Elementary
- Chris Gabe, Bethel Middle
- Clint Shadwick, Bryant Middle
- Jason Hay, Bryant Junior High
- Dr. Todd Edwards, Bryant High School
Thank you for your commitment to the staff and students of Bryant Public Schools.