Bryant Public Schools has implemented new measures to enhance safety and security at extra-curricular events. The changes take effect at the first home varsity football game of the season on Friday, September 14, 2018. These measures will remain in effect for future events.
Enhanced Procedures for Attendees
- Elementary and middle school students (up to and including 8th grade) must be accompanied by an adult who will remain with them at the event.
- No backpacks and/or duffle bags will be allowed. Attendees will be asked to return backpacks and/or duffle bags to their vehicles.
- No loitering will be permitted. Attendees must sit in the stands and keep off the rails. Aisles should be kept clear at all times.
- Unless going to or from the restroom or concession stand, attendees will be asked to be in the bleachers or stands.
- Attendees that do not have proper credentials will not be allowed to access the track/fields, courts or any competition areas.
- All special guests permitted access to the competition areas will be required to have their credentials visible and on their person at all times.
- Attendees may be subject to search.
- An increased law enforcement presence will be on site, including School Resource Officers, additional Bryant Police Officers and Saline County Sheriff’s Deputies.
- Additional video cameras have been installed inside and around the stadium and the Field House (Building 40).
- District personnel will be in identifiable clothing and will be available to assist with security and help attendees as needed.
- An Incident Command Center will be stationed at the entrance of Hornet Stadium to provide assistance and First Aid for varsity home football games.
These security enhancements will allow students and visitors to enjoy extracurricular activities in a safer environment. We appreciate your support and cooperation!