Bryant School District recognizes the need to provide meaningful and engaging experiences for students that lead to pathways to be career and/or college ready.
- In a survey presented to sophomores and juniors in 2016, 93% of students indicated they would value the opportunity to gain real world experiences in career paths that interest them.
- Based on data gathered in the 2015-16 school year, it was projected that:
- 83% of 2017 seniors only needed 3 credits to graduate
- 65% of 2017 seniors only needed 2 credits to graduate
- 17% of 2017 seniors only needed English 12 to graduate
- In March 2016, the Arkansas State Board of Education granted Bryant School District a seat time waiver that opened the doors for the Internship Program.
- Students gain experience and learn skills beneficial for college and/or workforce
- Place students in positions related to career fields of interest
- Goal is to have students work a minimum of 10 hours a week
- Students can have up to 3 class periods of Internship; 1st – 3rd periods OR 5th-7th periods
- Students will receive a grade/credit per period of Internship
- Coordinators will be in contact with students/supervisors regularly