In order to maintain a safe and orderly atmosphere on all Bryant Public School buses, the following rules have been established and must be followed to retain bus privileges.
SCHOOL BUS RULES
- Follow the directions of the driver. Students are under the direct supervision of the driver while on the bus.
- Remain properly seated at all times. Follow the directions of the driver as to when it is appropriate to standing on the bus.
- Keep hands, feet, all body parts, and objects to yourself.
- Do not use profanity, rude language, rude gestures, or tease/bully anyone on the bus.
- Do not litter, write on, or damage the bus in any way
- Large items will be permitted only if it fits in the student’s lap. (Instruments, athletic gear, etc.). Students must not block the aisle with any books, musical instruments, athletic gear, legs, or feet.
- All school handbook rules are to be followed.
- Ride only the bus to which you assigned. The Bryant Public Schools do not permit visitors on our buses.
- Do not distract the driver’s attention or disturb other riders on the bus.
- All students who live within two (2) miles radius of school will not be allowed to ride the bus.
MEETING THE BUS
- Be at the bus stop 10 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Do not stand or play in the roadway.
- Wait until the bus has come to a complete stop and the driver has given you directions
before crossing a street to enter the bus.
- NEVER PUSH OR SHOVE WHILE STANDING IN LINE OR LOADING.
- Respect the property rights of others while waiting for the bus. Don’t litter or make
unnecessary noises. Don’t gather under carports, on porches, or on lawns without permission.
- Stand back at least ten (10) feet from the bus stop and do not approach the bus until it
has come to a complete stop and the door is open.
ENTERING AND LEAVING THE BUS
- Enter and leave the bus quickly and in an orderly manner.
- Do not enter or leave the school bus by the back door except in the case of an
emergency or unless directed by the driver to do so.
- If you must cross the street after leaving the bus in the afternoon, go to a point on the
shoulder of the street ten (10) feet in front of the bus and wait until the driver has
signaled you to cross.
- If you drop any object (book, paper, pencil) while leaving the bus, do not attempt to
retrieve the object until the bus has left the scene and the street is clear of other vehicles.
In an emergency, students should remain calm and quiet and listen for instructions from the driver. If the driver is unable to conduct emergency measures, students should follow the procedures below in leaving the bus:
- If the exit is through the front door, students sitting in the front seat to the left of the aisle will move out first, followed by those in the right front seat and proceeding in this manner until all seats are emptied.
- If the exit is through the rear emergency door, those students sitting next to the aisle will leave first, beginning with those students in the rear of the bus.
- If a rapid exit is necessary and it is possible to exit from both doors, students in the rear half of the bus should move out the back, and those in the front half of the bus should move out the front door.
- In the event of an accident resulting in injury, persons injured should, if possible, be
moved only under competent medical supervision.
- If the bus should be overturned, students are to move immediately off the roadway to a safe distance from traffic. They shouldNOTcross the road unless instructed by the
- In the event of a tornado or other natural disaster, students should follow the instructions of the bus driver regarding emergency procedures.