Arkansas law requires that all public school students participate in a statewide program of educational assessments. For 2016-17, the Arkansas State Board of Education adopted the ACT Aspire for grades 3-10 and IOWA for grades 1-2.
Quick Facts about ACT Aspire
- Required for all students in grades 3-10
- Each student will be assessed in English, reading, math, science and writing
- 4 to 4 ½ hours total testing time per grade
- Accessibility features available for all students
- Accommodations available for qualifying students
- Students in grades 9 and 10 will receive a predicted score for the ACTⓇ
Bryant Test Schedule
- April 25-26: Grades 9-10
- May 2-3: Grades 3-5
- May 4-5: Grades 6-8
IOWA tests will be administered to Grades 1-2 on the dates of April 4,5 & 6. Tests enable educators to analyze student progress in key academic areas, offering the data needed to make informed instructional and curricular decisions.